Thanks so much for visiting my site! I launched this blog in 2013 to explore the personal, cultural and political dimensions of modern womanhood. Initially, I gravitated toward how-to and advice columns and reviews of books like Lean In, Wonder Women, and Overwhelmed. In 2015, I’m moving on to explore what’s next. That is, what smart, ambitious women accomplish when they reject the absurdly impossible goal of “having it all” and instead carve out unique lives hellbent on having what matters most.
I aim to deliver smart reviews and commentary for world-changing women. Interested? Check out the blog topics sidebar to explore themes that resonate with you, or use the main navigation tabs to view book reviews, interviews with dynamic women or my personal musings.
The most recent posts appear first on my home page, so here are links to a few of my favorite oldies but goodies to get you started:
- A Farewell to Remember
- You’ve Delegated Tasks. Now How Do You Make Sure They Actually Get Done?
- Review: Wonder Women: Sex, Power and the Quest for Perfection by Debora L. Spar
- Review: Hair Story: Untangling the Roots of Black Hair in America by Ayana D. Byrd and Lori L. Tharps
- When Books Are the Best Medicine: Fostering Literacy in the ER
- How Katherine Wintsch (CEO of The Mom Complex) Makes Things Happen
I love getting to know my readers and responding to their questions and comments. Feel free to reach out to me anytime. Post a comment on the blog or ping me via social media.
Happy Reading! I look forward to connecting with you soon!