- This event has passed.
Author BROOKE BARKER & BOAZ FRANKEL speaking & signing Let’s Be Weird Together
January 14 @ 7:00 pm$12.95
EVENT & TICKET GUIDELINES
- The speaking portion of this event is free & open to the public.
- Tickets are required to join the signing line.
- Tickets are only available with the purchase of a copy of Let’s Be Weird Together from BookPeople.
- Books & tickets are now available to pre-order. Purchasing a book online automatically assigns you a ticket for the signing. There is no separate “ticket” item to add to your cart.
- Tickets are lettered. The line for the signing will form according to ticket letter after the author speaks.
- Keep checking this page for further guidelines as the event date approaches.
ABOUT LET’S BE WEIRD TOGETHER
Being in love makes people happy…and weird (in a good way!). This warm and humorous illustrated gift book celebrates both love and the delightfully bizarre quirks, habits, and traditions that make each couple unique and crazy about each other—a perfect Valentine’s gift or anytime love token that says “we’re weird, but I love it.”
Weird meets weird—and the rest is history!
This is a book about weird couples and the tiny two-person universes they create.
It’s about accidentally wearing the exact same outfit. It’s about made-up songs. It’s about your rules for the thermostat. It’s about breakfast rituals, and funny nicknames, and long hugs, and that voice you pretend the cat has.
If you’re half of a weird couple, or if you have a favorite weird couple, or if you just love love, this book is for you.
ABOUT BROOKE BARKER & BOAZ FRANKEL
Brooke Barker is the creator of the Sad Animal Facts Instagram account and author of the New York Times-bestselling book of the same name and its sequel, Sad Animal Babies. Brooke has contributed to the New York Times, Lenny Letter, The Guardian, Cup of Jo, The Stranger, and more. Her books have been translated into nine languages and her comics have been featured in New York Magazine, Forbes, Bustle, Entertainment Weekly, Fast Company, Mashable, POPSUGAR, Parade, and The Guardian, among others. Brooke currently works as a freelance writer and illustrator.
Boaz Frankel is a filmmaker, writer, and talk show host. For six years Boaz hosted the Pedal Powered Talk Show, a talk show built into a bicycle that travelled all over the United States. When Boaz isn’t breaking Guinness World Records for the most high fives in an hour, appearing on NBC’s TODAY Show, or starring in a Dutch television segment called Boaz Goes Dutch, he creates quirky documentaries, curates a kazoo museum, and takes Kip (Boaz and Brooke’s dog) on long walks.
- January 14
- Event Categories:
- Author Talk/Reading, Book Store Event