Join Maya Payne Smart in celebration of her new book Reading For Our Lives! She will be in conversation with Chandler Baker.
- This event is free and open to the public. No tickets are required.
- The event will take place on the second floor of our store.
- The event will begin at 7 PM.
- Event will run for 45-60 minutes, including audience Q&A.
- The author will be signing and personalizing copies of the book after the speaking portion of the event. To get a book signed, a copy of the event book or an item of equal value must be purchased from BookPeople.
- We will have chairs available, but feel free to stand or move your chair around.
- BookPeople reserves the right to cancel or postpone this event if covid protocols require it.
- There won’t be a live stream or recording available.
- If you have any other questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT READING FOR OUR LIVES
An award-winning journalist and literacy advocate provides a clear, step-by-step guide to helping your child thrive as a reader and a learner.
ABOUT MAYA PAYNE SMART
Maya Payne Smart is a writer, parent educator, and literacy advocate who has served on the boards of numerous library and literacy organizations. She and her family live in Milwaukee, where she serves as affiliated faculty in educational policy and leadership in the College of Education at Marquette University. Her website, MayaSmart.com, provides tips and tools for parents to nurture, teach, and advocate for kids on the road to reading.
ABOUT CHANDLER BAKER
Chandler Baker lives in Austin with her husband and toddlers. She is the author of several young adult novels and her adult debut, Whisper Network, was a New York Times bestseller and Reese’s Book Club pick. The Husbands was a USA Today bestseller and a Good Morning America Book Club pick. Cutting Teeth is her third novel for adults.