Last Updated: February 4, 2022
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
A. Information You Provide
We receive personal information you provide to use the Services. “Personal information” means information you provide us or information we collect from you that could be used to personally identify you. To be clear, while we do not necessarily collect all of the following types of information, we consider at least the following to be “personal information” if it is otherwise nonpublic and can be used to identify you:
- Your email address in order to subscribe to our mailing list, or sign up for a course or webinar;
- Your name, email address, website in order to post a comment on our blog
- Your social media profiles in order to share an article from our blog on social media via a third party provider;
- Your full name, email address and message in order to contact us via our contact form.
- Your content preferences or content of interest, including newsletter subscriptions and topics of interest such as “Babies and Toddlers,” “Preschoolers,” or “Young Readers.” If you opt to provide it, we store these preferences and may use the information to personalize your MayaSmart.com services.
B. Information Automatically Collected
We also collect certain information automatically when you engage with the Services (“Usage information”). This information includes the following:
- Your browser type and operating system
- Your internet protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the internet and that can be used to derive your general geographic location
- Sites you visited before and after using the Services
- Pages you view and links you click within the Services
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies
- Information about your engagement with e-mail messages, such as the links you click and whether you open or forward the messages
- Standard server log information
Pixel tags, web beacons, or clear GIFs are very small images or small pieces of data embedded in images. These help us understand how users engage with us, for example, by recognizing cookies, providing the time and date a page is viewed, offering a description of the page where the pixel tag is placed, and generating similar information from your computer or device. MayaSmart.com may use pixel tags to determine if email messages have been opened.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use information we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, such as the following:
- Providing you with requested products, services, newsletters, information, and promotions
- Customizing and personalizing your use of the Services
- Contacting you via email and otherwise about products, services, and events we think might be of interest to you and responding to your communications to us
- Contacting you with surveys, legal notices, and other information related to your use of the Services
- Maintaining or administering the Services, performing charitable or business analyses, or improving our products and services
- Publishing stories, comments, and other information posted in our interactive online features
- Creating articles and other content
- Processing employment applications and inquiries
- Detecting, investigating, and preventing activities that may violate our policies or may be fraudulent or illegal
- Fulfilling other purposes as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent
- We share your information with our service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf, such as to host the Services, manage databases, perform analyses, create and display video content, conduct surveys, place MayaSmart.com-branded content on third-party websites and platforms, and send communications and newsletters for us. MayaSmart.com uses five types of services: content, performance and reliability, identity, advertising, and analytics. Content services are used to embed and share content such as videos or social posts within the Services. Performance and reliability services are used to monitor the MayaSmart.com system reliability and uptime. Identity services are used to identify, authenticate, and validate site visitors using account and subscription services. Advertising may be used to identify and guide campaigns to offer our subscriptions to prospective subscribers. Analytics are used for the discovery, interpretation, and communication of meaningful patterns by MayaSmart.com users to aid in our effective decision-making.
SOCIAL NETWORKING SERVICES
If you choose to connect to the Services via a third-party platform or social media network, you may have the ability to limit the information we may obtain from the third party at the time you connect your third-party account to the Services. Subsequently, you may be able to control your settings through the third-party platform. If you withdraw our ability to access certain information from a third-party platform or social media network, that choice will not apply to information we have already received from that third party.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND SERVICES
Service providers we use may place and read their own cookies and web beacons or use local storage in the browser and other technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our vendors may use these technologies to collect information that (a) helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics and (b) is used to market on our Services and across the internet and on other apps tailored to your apparent interests. The information collected and stored by outside entities remains subject to their policies and practices, including whether they continue to share information with us, the types of information shared, and your choices of what is visible to others on third party services. We have provided links to the privacy policies of a number of third parties in this Policy.
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, MayaSmart.com currently does not take action in response to these signals. For more information on “do-not-track,” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
If you signed up for a subscription or account, you may receive email or online communications to support your subscription or account. You may unsubscribe from newsletter subscriptions by using unsubscribe links in the messages you receive.
We maintain security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, misuse,or disclosure. However, no exchange of data over the Internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure. While we make every effort to protect your personal information shared with us through our Site, you acknowledge that the personal information you voluntarily share with us through our Site could be accessed or tampered with by a third party. You agree that we are not responsible for any intercepted information shared through our Site without our knowledge and permission. Additionally, you release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of such intercepted information in any unauthorized manner.
We are headquartered in the United States and we have service providers that have operations internationally. As a result, your personal information may be transferred outside your state, province, or country to the United States or other locations where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
Updated: February 4, 2022